Sunday 26 May 2013

Dreams .....tricky so and sos

Sometimes I forget to switch my alarm off and, because I go to bed in the wee small hours at the weekend I'm right in the middle of crazy weird dream sleep (not sure if that's the scientific term) when the radio wakes me.  I always try to catch the dream before it slips away.  This weekend I had a dream message from a very old friend with whom I may or may not have fallen out.  'You kept e-mailing me, all the time,' I accused him in my dream.  'You shouldn't ever have replied,' he replied.  'It put me under pressure.'  Now I think there must be a short story in there somewhere. 

I was thinking about dreams in the bible.  People in the bible have lovely, clear dreams.  I mean, no one has a dream like this:

God spoke to Eddi in a vision.  "Leave your town and go to Coventry.  Save the people there from their sin.  Then, when your legs turn into two ripe bananas, you must sing 'Dancing Queen' with President Obama."

I suppose that's why they took their dreams so seriously in the bible.  No one ever had to sing 'Dancing Queen' with President Obama.
These carrots grew in one of my pots.  I forgot what I had planted and thought they were just rather boring flowers.  But when I pulled them up they were a couple of very interesting carrots.  What an exciting day that was!  I think the guy on the right definitely has luurv on his mind.  But the lady carrot just wants to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good idea for a short story to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrots or dreams? Or both? Dreams about carrots?

    ReplyDelete